Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.
On a curriculum level, the school aims to:
To create a happy, secure and stimulating learning environment which reflects Christian principles and enables all in the school community to develop their potential, to grow in self esteem, responsibility and value.
Through quality teaching provide a balanced and challenging education to equip children with the skills, knowledge and enjoyment of learning which will enable them to become well rounded individuals, life long learners, to achieve their true potential and to succeed in the outside world.
To nurture a Christian ethos where all feel happy, safe and valued for the talents each brings to school.
- To develop lively, enquiring minds taking pride in their own achievements and to develop the ability to work independently and co-operatively with a positive attitude to life and others.
- To develop worthwhile citizens who take pride in belonging to our school, church and local community; to foster positive communication between church, school and home.
- For all to be well-mannered, tolerant, respectful, self-disciplined and to treat others how we would like to be treated; to promote attitudes of respect and care for our environment.
- For all children to be encouraged to develop their intellectual, physical, spiritual, moral, social and aesthetic well being.
- To set high expectations for themselves and all they do.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience if offers to all of its pupils.
As a Church school we recognise that we have been made in the image of God, that we are special to God, each with different gifts and talents. As such, we seek to nurture the whole child with all of their needs and potential. As a Christian community we seek to show Christian values in action creating a vibrant loving family of which all would wish to be part.
The following code of conduct has been agreed and is displayed around school:
In our school we always...
- are polite, caring and respectful
- look after everything
- work hard and do our best
- listen carefully and do as we are told
- are honest and truthful
All children are made aware of a few simple rules we operate in school. These include:
- children must tell an adult if they are being bullied.
- running and shouting inside the building is not allowed.
- climbing and dangerous activities are not allowed.
- all children are expected to wear school uniform and to be a credit to the school at all times.
- jewellery should not be worn and must be removed for PE, Games and physical activities.